Tip One: What To Use To Create Your To-Do List
To-Do Lists are handy tools in accomplishing goals. They give you an overview of what needs to be done daily/weekly/monthly and helps you assess just how much you’ve accomplished. Having this handy tool is great! But, what’s the use of having this tool, when you don’t have the proper mode to effectively create them to accomplish your goals. What makes the tool effective? For starters, you MUST use a medium that you will use and check daily to do the list and complete the tasks. You have to make them work for you. You can be formal or extremely creative in doing them. Whatever you choose, make it “you”. There are several tools to comprise to-do lists and here are a few of the advantage to using them:
Journals – journals are small books with blank pages. These are great if you are disciplined at creating To-Do lists. They allow the independence to create it to your own specifications. Also, they are a blank canvas for your creative mastermind to make your to-do list fun and eye catching for you. Journals are great; however, if you’re not as disciplined, or if you are new to creating a to-do list for yourself, then this is not a good option for you.
Planner – daily planners outline the days/weeks/months and have allotted spaces to write down your to-do’s. Planners are wonderful, and are great for goal setting. They create organization and allow an overall view of your week/month for reviewing goals. Although they are great tools, sometimes the limited space limits the amount you can write down for to-do lists. For the creative, extremely detailed note taker, this may not be a good option; but for the beginner, or person who just likes jotting down their to-do’s, this is great!
Notepads – we all know what notepads are, right ?!?! Notepads allow us a page to write all over the place! You can jot down what you need or you can be as detailed as you want. The only drawback to notepads is there is no privacy. Planners and journals have covers, preventing the outside world from peeping in at a glance on what you are up to. If you are the super private person (like me) who does not like your destiny deets exposed to the surrounding world, this is not a good option for you!
Mobile devices – your tablet, phone or electronic planner can be used to devise your to-do lists. There are apps you can download and there are items that are installed in your phone that you can use to make your lists. Your mobile device is an efficient way to create your list and keep up with your goals. You carry it around with you anyway, so why not make use of it for other purposes besides social media?!?!? (Lol) Mobile devices are extremely efficient at making and completing to-do lists, but they can limit your creativity a bit. If you are the creative person that likes to add things to spruce up your list, then this is not a good option.
These are just a few tools you can use to get started or to better enhance your daily-to-do lists. Choose something that you know you will utilize most effectively and efficiently to create your goals. No matter what you use, the objective is to get you on the road to accomplishing your overall vision and goals.
For assistance with strategizing and formulating your to-do’s, contact me at (786) 766-0776, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s important that your tasks are targeted and aimed at attaining your ultimate goal. Your tasks should be the small steps 👣👣 that are needed to get you closer to realizing your vision. Give your tasks a target – develop them to complete the smaller goals that ultimately lead you to reaching your vision.
5 REASONS WHY A STRATEGIC PLAN CATAPULTS YOUR SUCCESS
If you know me, you know that I am a HUGE proponent of writing the vision and making it plain. And if you’ve been reading or following my blog for any length of time, you’ll also know that I am an avid believer of a STRATEGIC PLAN. It’s one thing to have a vision, but its another to make it become a reality. If you have a vision, I strongly suggest you create a plan to flesh it out! Creating a plan is so vital to you successfully realizing your vision. So, why is a strategic plan so important for you to be successful in your personal and business vision ?!?!
1. Helps you to consciously create steps to reach goals – a strategic plan is simply a map, so to say, of how you are going to reach your personal and/or business vision. Creating that map helps you to actively and consciously think of the steps necessary to realize that vision. Consciously creating those steps will help you to stay engaged in realizing what you have envisioned for your personal or business outcomes.
2. Provides a visual of your vision – seeing progress on achieving the vision helps you feel accomplished. It also motivates you to continue to finish the steps to that particular one, and encourages you to accomplish some other goals you may. A strategic plan help you visualize your progress. According to Mission Facilitators International, of the 26,000+ start-up business failures each year, 67% had NO written plan. (2013) CREATE THE PLAN SO YOU DO NOT FAIL.
3. Everyone on your team can be on board with the direction you’re taking – if you have a team, a strategic plan aids with onboarding your them with the direction you’re taking with your vision. They are able to visualize how your are looking to progress with the said goal. It also helps them to see how they can actively participate in fleshing out the plan. Statistics show that typically 96% of an organization’s workforce does not understand, or is not aware of, the company’s strategy. Thus, inhibiting the actualization of the plan. Do yourself a favor by creating the plan and including your team in on it.
4. Helps to prioritize the various components of your vision – visions are usually vast and general. Therefore, in order to achieve them you have to break it down into the necessary smaller components to make them attainable. It also allows you to see the necessary resources and parties needed to reach the overall goal.
5. Increases profitability and reduces risk – Companies who engage in strategic planning are likely to increase profitability by 12% yearly. (Mission Facilitators International, 2013) Additionally, knowing where you need to allocate your resources, helps with investing them in unnecessary areas, therefore reducing the company’s risk.
I have created a strategy that has help several individuals and small businesses reach their goals! Contact me for more info and I will be more than happy to assist you!
☎️ Contact (786) 766-0776 or email
Listen 🗣 to find out the basics of STRATEGIC PLANNING